ICCHNR statement of purpose:
The International Collaboration for Community Health Nursing Research (ICCHNR) supports community nurses worldwide through its international network of nurse researchers, international conferences, fund raising activities and scholarships for community health care nursing research in Lower and Middle Income Countries to advance and share knowledge and evidence based practice of community health care nursing.
Professor Pam Smith
Professor Sally Kendall
Professor Gina Higginbottom
Registered charity no. 1042880
ICCHNR was registered as a charity in 1995 to achieve the following aims:
- To demonstrate the value of community health care nursing research for improving the quality of health care.
- To advance and share knowledge of community health care nursing practice through research.
- To increase personal commitment by community nurses to evidence based practice.
- To encourage the appropriate use of research for community nursing.
- To promote awareness of the contribution of community health care nursing to healthy public policies and alliances.
ICCHNR is also committed to supporting community nursing in developing countries, through its international network of nurse researchers, international conferences and fund raising activities.